CrossFit, Inc. today announced that Wodapalooza, a global fitness festival and inclusive competition, is joining the roster as the 7th event to be sanctioned by CrossFit. In 2019, Wodapalooza’s top male and female individual competitors, as well as the top four-person team, will qualify to the Reebok CrossFit Games in Madison, Wisconsin. The much-anticipated announcement recognizes Wodapalooza’s history as a popular, diverse, and community-driven festival. Wodapalooza is the latest community-based competition to join the growing ranks of newly-sanctioned CrossFit competitive events around the globe.
The Wodapalooza Fitness Festival takes place every January in Miami, Florida, and has become a popular destination for the CrossFit community. “Wodapalooza brings its distinctive character and culture to the CrossFit Games season,” said CrossFit founder and Chairman Greg Glassman. “They figured out that Miami in winter – sun, bathing suits, balconies, and bright lights at night – is a world-class destination for showcasing the fittest and healthiest people on earth. It’s a party.”
Wodapalooza attracts tens of thousands of attendees from all over the world each year to participate in and watch their fellow athletes compete across 40 different competitive divisions, including the world’s most elite. “This partnership represents a new chapter in our history, and we look forward to working with CrossFit to continue bringing our partners, spectators, and competing athletes an unforgettable event and competition in January,” said Matt O’Keefe, President of Loud and Live Sports (a division of Loud and Live, Inc., owner of Wodapalooza).
The Wodapalooza CrossFit competition is open to all athletes and kicks off this week with their online challenge and qualifier. As with all CrossFit-sanctioned events in the 2019 Games season, should the top male or female athlete at Wodapalooza qualify for the CrossFit Games by other means, then the number two podium finisher will receive a Games invitation. Athletes can qualify for the 2019 CrossFit Games via four paths: (1) winning their country’s national championship as determined by the worldwide CrossFit Open; (2) taking first-place at a CrossFit-sanctioned event; (3) placing within the top twenty finishers in the 2019 CrossFit Open; (4) or participating as one of four at-large athletes selected by CrossFit, Inc.
Wodapalooza is not only a fitness competition, but also a celebration of the CrossFit community’s unique commitment to health and fitness. This year, thousands of participants and attendees from around the world will have the opportunity both to compete in a newly-sanctioned event and to experience, learn, and take part in a broad range of festival activities, including live music, workshops, seminars, and other educational and participatory events.
About Wodapalooza Fitness Festival
The leading lifestyle fitness festival, Wodapalooza is a diverse athletic competition with the primary purpose of uniting the entire CrossFit community for a week-long celebration of Fitness, Community, and Life! Wodapalooza features a world-class event and competition, including multiple unique stages, bright lights, live music, thought-leadership, seminars, workshops, all deeply rooted in the origin of what CrossFit is about: community.
To learn more, visit www.wodapalooza.com and www.instagram.com/thewodapalooza.
About Loud & Live Sports:
A division of Loud and Live Inc., Loud and Live Sports performs at the intersection of athlete representation, marketing services, live events, and content development. In addition to owning and producing the Wodapalooza Fitness Festival, Loud and Live Sports represents a diverse group of elite CrossFit athletes. Headquartered in Miami, Florida, our success is driven by our passion to create engaging and technology-embedded experiences for global audiences.
To learn more, visit www.loudlive.com and www.instagram.com/loud_live.
SOURCE Loud & Live Sports
Photo credit – Exclusive, marketing & PR platform:
- Press registration for the 2018 Smart City Expo World Congress is now open
- OPENING PRESS CONFERENCE OF IFRA and DCX 2018, Berlin, Germany
- European Social Innovation Competition 2018: Finalists Announced
- Haifa International Film Festival
- International branding conference BRANDEMONIUM returns to Cincinnati with major lineup, October 2-5, 2018
- Showtime, the largest conference for sales enablement in Europe, is back for sixth year with an inspiring list of main speakers and speakers
- Comic-Con Brings SAM To San Diego: Storytelling Across Media Event To Be Held Saturday, November 3, 2018, in San Diego
- NYSE Welcomes Eventbrite on its First Day as a Publicly-Traded Company
- Goalkeepers Events in New York City: President Emmanuel Macron and Prime Minister Erna Solberg to Join Bill and Melinda Gates
- Infinity Film Festival In Beverly Hills, November 1 – 4, 2018
- Influence.co named a Pinterest Marketing Partner, expanding its support for Pinterest Creators
- Celebrating Female Entrepreneurs on National Women in Business Day
- The Event Planner Expo Launches Exclusive Hosted Buyer Program Bringing Together Major Event & Meeting Planners with Leading Event Industry Partners
- The First Annual BedStuy Film Festival Comes to Brooklyn
- Manage the flood of information automatically, safely and in conformity with the law
- IBC2018 has closed its doors for this year and has delivered another great event with visitor figures of 55,884