The 6th edition of the KYOTOGRAPHIE International Photography Festival, an annual activity held at the height of spring in the old capital of Japan, will be held from April 14 to May 13, 2018.
Over 15 exhibitions centered around the theme “UP” will be shown in iconic Kyoto venues with original scenography.
In a style that is unique in Asia, the Kyotographie International Photography Festival is held every year for four weeks when tourist arrivals peak in the spring. Exhibitions are spread across the city of Kyoto, staged creatively in various traditional and contemporary settings.
The festival creates opportunities, bringing together people of all ages, cultures, and backgrounds. Now recognized as one of the world’s leading photography events, KYOTOGRAPHIE has attracted some 380,000 visitors from within Japan and overseas since 2013 highlighting photography markets:
- Full Frame Mirrorless Camera: Which Mount? Situational Market Analysis
- Multiple Lens Digital Camera Market Scenario 2019-2024
- Impact of Pixel Shift Technology on Digital Camera Market 2019-2024
- Software Defined Digital Camera Market Forecast 2019-2024
- Visualization Technologies in Real Estate, Market Analysis
- Museum Technology Market on the Rise
- Facial Animation Technology, Market Analysis
Venues for the 15 exhibitions include traditional machiya townhouses, temples, and other listed cultural sites not ordinarily open to the public throughout the city and the Tambaguchi area.
This year, KYOTOGRAPHIE invites you to look around, to look inside, to better look UP, and trigger a new understanding of ourselves and each other, and thus change our world through awareness, action, and creation.